- Disclaimer about Information Provided. Maps available through this website contain representations of land features compiled from aerial photography, remote sensing technology, recorded deeds and plats, other public records and public data. Users of these maps are hereby notified that the aforementioned public primary information sources should be consulted for verification of the information contained in these maps. These maps are NOT A LAND SURVEY. National Land Realty, LLC, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information on this website, including, without limitation, any information relating to any prior sales of any real property, specifically including the purchase price. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any personal entity that relies on any information obtained from this website does so at his or her own risk. National Land Realty, LLC, hereby disclaims any and all liability arising from the information provided on this website. Any person or entity relying on information from this site does so at their own risk.
- Prohibited Uses. BY USING THE NLR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE NOT TO:
- reproduce, publicly display, or otherwise make accessible on or through any other website, application, or service any reviews, ratings, and/or profile information about real estate, lending, or other professionals, underlying images of or information about real estate listings, or other data or content available through the NLR website, except as explicitly permitted by NLR;
- conduct automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers, bypassing “captcha” or similar precautions, and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the NLR website) on the NLR website;
Why You'll Love It
One of the most storied wildlife properties in America, "The Proving Grounds" is a luxury mountain ranch that offers a multitude of opportunities for the new owners.
As the magnum opus of distinguished wildlife biologist Dr. Grant Woods and his wife Tracy, the ranch has served as the primary subject of Growing-Deer-TV as "The Proving Grounds" for the regenerative agriculture and restoration ecology management practices that have been implemented here for decades.
This meticulous land stewardship has led to the property being widely renowned as one of the most biologically diverse in the Ozark Mountains. While the wildlife populations and hunting opportunities on the property are exceptional, the improvements and location are equally as impressive.
Located perfectly on a ridge top is a 5,000 +/- square foot custom home that captures breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding Ozark Mountains.
Miles upon miles of well-established roads and trails create easy access throughout the property with seemingly endless hiking opportunities.
A barndominium also on the property offers secondary living quarters, office space, and ample storage.
Conveniently located near Branson, Missouri, you have access to the area's best schools, world class golf, and exceptional dining and shopping.
Table Rock Lake and scenic area rivers offer the new owner boating, fishing and paddling opportunities to satisfy any waterborne desire.
You’re going to love all the possibilities that becoming the next steward of this special property will grant you. For more details, call Jeremy Oehlert at 620-212-0360.
|Farms & Ranches||Barn/Shed/Outbuilding|
|Hunting, Fishing & Recreation||Turkey, Equestrian, Whitetail Deer, River/Creek/Stream, Canoeing/Kayaking, Wildlife Food Plot|
|Homes, Cabins, Acreages & Lots||House/Cabin, Barn/Shed/Outbuilding|
- The 5,000± sq ft home is 4 years old with four bedrooms (all include en-suite bathrooms) plus two half baths for guests. The master bedroom is easily accessible on the main floor along with a guest suite, a spacious living room and open dining area, a custom kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, a large indoor fireplace, a beautiful expansive deck with an outdoor fireplace, a large 3 car garage with workspace, and a front porch with rocking chairs to relax and enjoy. The home also features large picture windows to enjoy the stunning mountain views.
- Situated in the heart of the Ozark Mountains, the high ridges on the ranch offer unrivaled scenic views during every season of the year. With the 360-degree view from the the home, you can soak in both sunrises and sunsets that will take your breath away. The property offers the ability to hike or drive to the top of one of the many ridges on the property for a totally different view, allowing the owners to experience miles of rolling hills packed with abundant trees or wildflower glades with a gorgeous palette of accompanying colors.
- The ranch features a diverse variety of timber including Red Oak, White Oak, Walnut, Hickory, Dogwood, Redbud, Sycamore, Cedar, Ash, Box Elder, and more. There are also large areas of native flowers and grasses throughout the timber with world class wildlife habitat. In fact, more than 170 species of native grasses and forbs have been identified on the property.
- The property offers incredible hunting opportunities for world-class whitetails and wild turkeys due to meticulous management over the years. Other wildlife on the property includes red fox, gray fox, groundhogs, bears, bobcats, raccoons, dozens of different species of birds, and many others. Even for the potential buyer who doesn't hunt, the property is a tremendous place to spend time and view wildlife in their native habitat.
- Strategically situated on the ranch are a number of enclosed hunting blinds, tree stands, and game cameras placed to capture wildlife in their natural habitat. Many of these will remain in place with the property and convey to the buyer.
- There are over 11 miles of improved gravel roads and trails, ideal for ATV/UTV rides, horseback riding, hiking, accessing stands or getting around in a truck or tractor for getting work done around the property.
- Also on the property is a guest house or 'barndominium' with 3,200 square feet of living quarters, storage and workshop under the same roof. The living space includes two bedrooms, three full baths, a living room, laundry, a large office/great room and abundant storage. The covered porch is an ideal spot to enjoy the beautiful Ozark mountain surroundings.
- Crystal clear Roark Creek winds through the property and adds an aesthetic appeal that only water can provide. The sound of running water puts you in a happy place as you drive or walk the interior roads and trails. There are many spots along the creek perfect for a picnic, reading a book or simply unplugging from our increasingly digital world.
- Dr. Woods has implemented his years of experience improving native habitat for wildlife on this ranch. As a result of his extensive work in the field and stewardship on the ranch, the owner has been honored with multiple awards.
- While implementing conservation management practices, the seller elected to further conserve the back 900 +/- acre portion of the property by enrolling the land in a conservation easement to protect the valuable wildlife habitat and scenic beauty into the future. The easement also protects the critical Roark Creek watershed and surrounding ecosystem from major subdivision to allow for wildlife populations to continue to thrive. The easement was designed to protect the land while also allowing a new owner to enjoy the ranch by providing for the construction of two additional home sites of 3 acres each. The landowner has the ability to select those sites, run utilities and construct driveways. All habitat improvement techniques are allowed, such as timber harvest, timber stand improvement, food plots, prescribed burns and more. The easement does not allow any access for the general public, and it does not cover the northern 600± acres where the house and guest house are located. A copy of the conservation easements can be furnished upon request to qualified buyers interested in the ranch.
- The city of Branson is ten minutes from the property and has a variety of tourist attractions including live shows, music, dining, shopping and more. It is a very popular destination in all seasons.
- The Branson area is also known as the home of the Bass Pro Family, where founder, Johnny Morris, has made a tremendous investment into a region that influenced his own life significantly. Sharing his love for the region with visitors, he created Dogwood Canyon Nature Park, Top of the Rock Ozarks Heritage Preserve, Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium, and Big Cedar Lodge. He also created several world class golf courses in partnership with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Gary Player (just to name a few). Big Cedar is ranked as one of the top 100 golf lodges in the country.
- The Branson area has several other highly-rated golf courses, including Ledgestone Country Club, which actually lies just south of the ranch and minutes from the front gate.
- For the fishing enthusiasts in the family, nearby Table Rock Lake has more than 43,000 surface acres and is well-known for excellent bass fishing. More great fishing is quickly accessed on Bull Shoals Lake and Lake Taneycomo, which offers fantastic trout fishing (including trophy-class browns and rainbows).
5,000 +/- sqft
4 BD / 6 BA
Built in 2018
Contact agent for details
Need a loan? Not a problem.
Learn how we are simplifying how land is financed all across the country. Land Line Lending is your source for land loans.
36.736470453936 , -93.313036371801
HWY 248 east of Reeds Spring, Property sits on South side of HWY.