- Disclaimer about Information Provided. Maps available through this website contain representations of land features compiled from aerial photography, remote sensing technology, recorded deeds and plats, other public records and public data. Users of these maps are hereby notified that the aforementioned public primary information sources should be consulted for verification of the information contained in these maps. These maps are NOT A LAND SURVEY. National Land Realty, LLC, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information on this website, including, without limitation, any information relating to any prior sales of any real property, specifically including the purchase price. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any personal entity that relies on any information obtained from this website does so at his or her own risk. National Land Realty, LLC, hereby disclaims any and all liability arising from the information provided on this website. Any person or entity relying on information from this site does so at their own risk.
- Prohibited Uses. BY USING THE NLR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE NOT TO:
- reproduce, publicly display, or otherwise make accessible on or through any other website, application, or service any reviews, ratings, and/or profile information about real estate, lending, or other professionals, underlying images of or information about real estate listings, or other data or content available through the NLR website, except as explicitly permitted by NLR;
- conduct automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers, bypassing “captcha” or similar precautions, and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the NLR website) on the NLR website;
Why You'll Love It
This one-of-a-kind historic home offers tranquil privacy on the east side of Eagle Lake in Winter Haven. The home is inspired by the Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie-style of architecture, with emphasis on nature and detailed craftsmanship. The Prairie-style home is characterized by long, vertical bands of windows. They feature a multi-paned geometric design which is also found throughout the interior. The style of the home is designed to be in harmony with the lakeside site and to put the spectacular sunsets on full display. The home lot is approximately 5 acres of landscaped yard with a generous 600+ feet of lakefront. The rooms in the home are exceptionally large with unique characteristics and craftsmanship. The interior doors are made of solid wood with a custom geometric pattern that is unique to this home. Many of the rooms have solid-wood tongue and groove paneling made of red wood, cypress, cherry, white pine, and cedar. All the bedrooms have stunning views of the property and/or the lake. The 134 steel casement windows can be opened by solid copper hardware and have ivory granite windowsills. The roof on the home is architectural terracotta clay tile made by the Ludowici Tile Co. It is the highest quality terracotta roof tile available with a 50+ year life. There are 4 brick fireplaces throughout the first floor. Three are found indoors while a fourth is located on an outdoor brick patio. The second floor features 4 large bedrooms with full bathrooms. The 3rd floor air-conditioned attic has been converted into living space with a full bath. In addition, there are 3 half bathrooms on the first floor. The first-floor rooms are a combination of tile and narrow-gauge hardwood floors with beautiful geometric patterns. The original custom terracotta tile is an artisan creation. The house has a full basement with storm cellar doors that give access to the outside but are securely locked from the inside. The large kitchen and pantry feature an abundant 50 feet of stainless steel counter tops and 4 sinks. The kitchen cabinetry is solid cherry wood. The kitchen also features a commercial-size Sub-Zero refrigerator. Specimen plant species on the property include: giant camphor tree, 100 yr. live oak, unique varieties of avocado, mango trees, blueberry, finger lime, lemon and lime trees, plus many exotic flowering plants. There is an additional 7 acres of producing Valencia grove that can be added to the sale to provide agricultural zoning for tax and for income purposes.
|Hunting, Fishing & Recreation||Lake/Pond|
|Homes, Cabins, Acreages & Lots||House/Cabin|
- Five Bedroom, 5 full baths, 3 half baths
- Three story house
- 600 + feet lakefront on Eagle Lake
- 2,400 Sq/Ft basement
- 4 car garage
- 3 mins to Publix
- 9 mins to downtown Winter Haven
- 55 mins to Tampa International Airport
- 59 mins to Orlando International Airport
- Additional 7 acres available
5 +/- acres, 7 additional acres available
7,947 +/- sqft
5 BD / 8 BA
Built in 1924
Listing Courtesy of:
Crosby & Associates, Inc. - Rick Hemenway, Realtor®
Need a loan? Not a problem.
Learn how we are simplifying how land is financed all across the country.
From Hwy 17 south turn on Hwy 540 W proceed to 829 Hwy 540 W to property gate.