From a real estate standpoint, National Land Realty’s Land Professionals can assist with your land situation or need. They can:
- Assist with the acquisition or purchase of additional land for your operation. For example, your son or daughter may want to come home and be part of the family farm operation, but you don’t have enough acres currently to support more than one family. National Land can assist in locating additional land and facilitating the purchase of that acreage.
- Assist with the disposition or sale of land for your operation. We recently sold several hundred acres in a situation where family members were all getting older and the decision was made to sell the land and disburse the sale proceeds between all of the siblings. You may be in a situation like this or need assistance with a sale after the passing of a loved one. You may be in a financial bind and need to sell. You may want to sell a tract in order to be able to purchase a larger or better quality farm in the area. We can help with any of these situations.
- Assist with a 1031 tax-deferred exchange. In the above situation, you may want to sell a tract in order to be able to purchase a larger or better quality farm. Your accountant or attorney advised there will be major tax ramifications and recommended, then, that you utilize a 1031 exchange in order to defer capital gains taxes and utilize all sale proceeds to purchase this larger farm.
- Assist with consultation services. We often work with landowners who are not sure what their land is worth or what they could do in a particular situation. We can help you reach or exceed your goals and objectives or assist in solving a particular problem.
- Assist with negotiation and paperwork in a transaction. For example, you may decide that you want to sell your land to your tenant, but you do not like to negotiate or feel you are not a good negotiator and do not know what paperwork is required for a sale. We can handle that work for you.
Land acquisitions or sales can be accomplished through a private treaty sale or via auction. There are many forms of auction available and the broker or agent will work to determine what is best for your sale.
Each property is unique and real estate services offered by National Land Realty’s Land Professionals are tailored to your particular situation, goals and objectives. Please contact us if you have any questions in regard to your land wants and needs.