Ray Scott, founder of Bass Anglers Sportsman Society (B.A.S.S.) and the Whitetail Institute of America, recently sold his legendary bass fishing property in Pintlala, Ala.
The property created by Scott, known as Legacy Lakes, spans 200-acres with three lakes and a high-fence enclosure to Canadian-stock whitetail. The property’s centerpiece, a 55-acre lake, has been featured in several fishing shows and was named the best private bass lake in America by “Outdoor Life Magazine” in 2010.
Scott said it will be hard to leave Legacy Lakes, but that he won’t be far away.
“I’ll be across the hill, on a secluded side of the property, in a small cottage on an old 16-acre lake. It’s perfect for me and my wife and our two dogs. Plus, I think I’ve gained an outstanding neighbor, and if he wants, I’ll show him a few honey holes.”
The property’s main lake, dubbed the Presidents Lake by the press, has had many famous visitors come to fish it including Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. Many of the country’s top angling pros, various celebrities, Nashville entertainers and business CEOs have a wet line at the lake. Rick Clunn, bass fishing legend and winner of four Bassmaster Classic Tournaments, also caught his personal best, a 13 to 15-pound fish, on the lake.
Scott bought the land many years before recognizing the lake potential of the rolling acreage about 15 miles south of Montgomery in Pintlala. He finished developing the property in 1986 when he and his wife, Susan, moved into their recently finished house.
It didn’t take me long to recognize what he had put into the estate. As an outdoorsman, I really appreciate Mr. Scott’s philosophy about the land and its resources. He believes the land is only on loan to us. And in being good stewards, now we can ensure our resources not only for ourselves but for future generations as well.
Our company, National Land Realty is growing. With our enhanced marketing, GIS, video, digital and social media service offerings, we’re able to sell heritage properties in each state just like Legacy Lakes. We provide our agents and clients with support in a variety of areas so your property spends less time on the market.
- We’ll provide a property highlight video which includes a dynamic graphics package and gives a full description of your property.
- We’ll shoot high dynamic range (HDR) photography of your property, showcasing its key features.
- We’ll list your property on our NLR website – that receives over 40,000 unique visits a month – and optimize it to be search engine friendly.
- We’ll push your property listing on our media partner websites such as Lands of America and LandWatch.
- We’ll share your property listing across all our social media accounts.
- We’ll write a blog post about your property on our industry-leading This Is Your Land blog to generate interest.
- We’ll distribute a press release that discusses your property’s historical significance to the community.
- We’ll target qualified buyers with referral development and our successful direct mail campaign that generates an 8+ percent response to notify adjacent landowners and qualified prospects your property is for sale.
- We’ll place multiple signs with a unique NLR Legacy Property logo on your property to let passersby know it’s for sale.
- We’ll list your property on our This Is Your Land mobile app so agents and prospects can easily find it.
Let us help maximize the value you deserve by professionally marketing the listing of your heritage property!