- Disclaimer about Information Provided. Maps available through this website contain representations of land features compiled from aerial photography, remote sensing technology, recorded deeds and plats, other public records and public data. Users of these maps are hereby notified that the aforementioned public primary information sources should be consulted for verification of the information contained in these maps. These maps are NOT A LAND SURVEY. National Land Realty, LLC, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information on this website, including, without limitation, any information relating to any prior sales of any real property, specifically including the purchase price. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any personal entity that relies on any information obtained from this website does so at his or her own risk. National Land Realty, LLC, hereby disclaims any and all liability arising from the information provided on this website. Any person or entity relying on information from this site does so at their own risk.
- Prohibited Uses. BY USING THE NLR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE NOT TO:
- reproduce, publicly display, or otherwise make accessible on or through any other website, application, or service any reviews, ratings, and/or profile information about real estate, lending, or other professionals, underlying images of or information about real estate listings, or other data or content available through the NLR website, except as explicitly permitted by NLR;
- conduct automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers, bypassing “captcha” or similar precautions, and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the NLR website) on the NLR website;
Why You'll Love It
This riverfront gem is a flat out fantastic waterfowl hunting, whitetail hunting & all around recreational paradise near the famous Neosho Wildlife Area of St. Paul, Kansas. Many of the Neosho birds, along with some from multiple other area lakes and reservoirs, use this property for food and refuge, providing phenomenal waterfowl hunting from early teal season through January. The current owner and operators have consistently killed hundreds of ducks and geese every year with only moderate pressure. The wetland and riverfront timber also provide some of the best whitetail habitat you'll find in the area, assuring that you'll have a hard time deciding whether to be in the woods or on the water come November. Once you add in some of the best spring turkey hunting you can imagine, the ability to trap multiple species and fishing in the river, you'll start to understand that we're talking about a truly premier hunting and conservation property with very few equals.
|Farms & Ranches||Wetlands Reserve Program, Orchard/Vineyard|
|Hunting, Fishing & Recreation||Waterfowl, Whitetail Deer, River/Creek/Stream, Lake/Pond, Turkey, Fishing, Upland Game, Wildlife Food Plot, Camping, ATVing, Silent Sports/Nature, Boating, Canoeing/Kayaking, Sailing|
|Homes, Cabins, Acreages & Lots||Waterfront|
|Energy & Natural Resources||Wind Energy, Water Rights|
- Folks who have hunted on or around Neosho Wildlife Area or St. Paul know that over 100,000 ducks return and stick around year after year, putting Neosho on the short list of pre-eminent hunting areas in the central flyway. Even better is that this property is close enough to pull some birds from that refuge, but not close enough to attract the hustle of public hunters and multiple private duck clubs.
- The seclusion of this property is second to none. It sits at the end of a long dead end road, so the only traffic is surrounding landowners and many people don't even know of it's existence. The huge numbers of waterfowl bombing the marsh won't be seen by hardly anyone, helping to keep poachers away and allowing you to enjoy your property in peace.
- The entire property is enrolled in a perpetual WRP easement. There are currently 15 different pools with 15 water control structures in place, totaling 294 +/- acres of water and moist soil vegetation when full.
- Shallow water moist soil vegetation not only provides excellent hunting opportunities, but is also extremely important for waterfowl during the spring migration when birds are headed north for nesting and are in need of insects that provide protein for the proper development of eggs.
- Due to the importance of shallow water in moist soil areas not only for waterfowl, but also other marsh and shore birds, insects, frogs and others, a property like this could be a perfect fit for the conservation-minded outdoor enthusiast.
- WRP is also fantastic whitetail bedding habitat and when paired with strategic food sources, allows the owner to hold large deer numbers on the property while also containing multiple setups for cruisers with the river along the entire east boundary and a creek along the South boundary.
- Approximately 2 miles of Neosho River frontage along the entire east boundary, providing fishing opportunities, turkey roost trees, stand sites for cruising bucks and even additional water to hold and hunt ducks when it's cold enough to freeze the marsh.
- A short 2 hours from the Kansas City area for the closest commercial airport, less than 15 minutes to Chanute with a smaller airport for private jets and amenities like Walmart, restaurants, etc.
Call Agent for Details
754 +/- acres (WRP wetland, native grasses and vegetation, timber-lined river frontage)
Contact agent for details
Need a loan? Not a problem.
Learn how we are simplifying how land is financed all across the country.