- Disclaimer about Information Provided. Maps available through this website contain representations of land features compiled from aerial photography, remote sensing technology, recorded deeds and plats, other public records and public data. Users of these maps are hereby notified that the aforementioned public primary information sources should be consulted for verification of the information contained in these maps. These maps are NOT A LAND SURVEY. National Land Realty, LLC, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information on this website, including, without limitation, any information relating to any prior sales of any real property, specifically including the purchase price. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any personal entity that relies on any information obtained from this website does so at his or her own risk. National Land Realty, LLC, hereby disclaims any and all liability arising from the information provided on this website. Any person or entity relying on information from this site does so at their own risk.
- Prohibited Uses. BY USING THE NLR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE NOT TO:
- reproduce, publicly display, or otherwise make accessible on or through any other website, application, or service any reviews, ratings, and/or profile information about real estate, lending, or other professionals, underlying images of or information about real estate listings, or other data or content available through the NLR website, except as explicitly permitted by NLR;
- conduct automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers, bypassing “captcha” or similar precautions, and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the NLR website) on the NLR website;
Why You'll Love It
Sitting on a dead end road in the Marais Des Cygnes river bottoms of Miami County, is this beautiful property that offers everything from a private duck marsh to a hilltop build site with incredible views. For the avid outdoorsman and hunter, this tract presents a unique opportunity to own a farm with not only great waterfowl hunting in a well-known flyway, but deer and turkey hunting as well. The well-built 6 +/- acre waterfowl impoundment comes equipped with an AgriDrain water control structure to effectively manage the water table heights at your desired depths. The large pool is currently planted into a lush stand of Japanese Millet and will be sure to attract and hold an abundance of ducks and geese during the season. The fertile soils of this income-producing property are currently planted to 12 acres of soybeans and an excellent 10 acre stand of brome that produces many large bales each year. A portion of the brome field could be planted into sunflowers to create a dove hunting sanctuary for September. With a drilled well, pump, and electricity on site, this tract would also make a perfect location for a dream home, hobby farm, or secluded hunting cabin getaway. Farms such as this rarely hit the market and will undoubtedly be enjoyed for many years to come.
|Farms & Ranches||Farmland, Ranchland, Crop Production, Poultry Farming|
|Hunting, Fishing & Recreation||Fishing, Waterfowl, Turkey, Equestrian, Whitetail Deer, River/Creek/Stream, Camping, Wildlife Food Plot, Silent Sports/Nature, Lake/Pond|
|Homes, Cabins, Acreages & Lots||Building Site/Lot, Waterfront|
- Located just a few miles from Paola and Osawatomie and 1 mile from blacktop
- Gently rolling terrain with a beautiful build sites overlooking the bottom ground below
- The homesite is extremely secluded from the road and is bordered with mature trees including several tall pines
- Paola school district
- 6 acre duck marsh that was professionally designed and constructed
- Ability to drain and flood the marsh with the AgriDrain water control structure. Specific depths and draw downs can be easily achieved with the drain.
- Located in a well-known waterfowl flyway with many private duck clubs/impounds in the surrounding area
- Property sits 1/4 mile off the Marais Des Cygnes River
- Soils are comprised of all Class 2 Dennis, Woodson, and Osage Silt loams and have a strong history of productive yields
- The topography of the brome field lends well to the construction of a new pond and a 6.5 acre design was put together for the current owners. Build your dream home overlooking your private lake.
- Healthy deer and turkey populations in the area with very little hunting pressure over the last several seasons
- This tract serves as a great travel corridor for whitetails to the surrounding tracts that possess prime wildlife habitat
- A great, hilltop location to plant a patch of sunflowers for September Dove hunting
- 12 tillable acres are currently in a crop-share agreement with the tenant farmer. 10 acres of lush brome produce many big bales each year but could also be converted into tillable acres if the new owner desires.
- A drilled well with ample water and a pump accompany the home site. Electricity also on site.
Call Agent for Details
38 +/- acres (12 acres tillable, 10 acres brome, 7.5 acres timber/creek, 6 acre duck marsh, 2 acre home site, 1/2 acre pond)
Contact agent for details
Need a loan? Not a problem.
Learn how we are simplifying how land is financed all across the country.
From HWY 169, take 343rd east to Hospital drive. Turn south on Hospital Drive and follow 1.5 miles to Hedge Ln. Turn north on Hedge lane and back east on 351st. Follow 1 mile to the property.